Part A. - Possessive Adjectives
Directions: Use the correct possessive adjective. The subject in each sentence will help you with your decision. (20 points)
1. I have a computer on _________ desk.
2. You have a computer on _________ desk.
3. He likes to play with _________ dog.
4. We don't know __________ neighbors very well.
5. The cat doesn't like __________ food.
6. The students left _________ classroom very quickly.
7. You all have __________ own ideas about politics.
8. I really want to see __________ friends this weekend.
9. They spend __________ money on junk.
10. Robert is very happy with __________ new job.
11. Mary thinks __________ apartment is too small.
12. Where are you going on __________ vacation?
13. The city has _________ own fire department.
14. You and I are having lunch with _________ teacher.
15. Did you finish __________ work on time?
16. Jim and Sal love __________ new house.
17. Can I have __________ car back, please?
18. John can't fix __________ sink.
19. Does Martha have ___________ keys?
20. We should bring __________ coats to the game.
Part B. - Possessive Pronouns
Directions: Write the correct possessive pronoun in the blank space following each sentence or question. (10 points)
Example: This pen is her pen. hers
1. This classroom is my classroom. __________
2. Are these books your books? ____________
3. He has his own car and I have my own car. _________
4. Her English is good, and his English is good too. ________
5. I think this money is her money. __________
6. Your children are smart, and so are our children. _________
7. Our work is finished; their work isn't. ___________
8. Those tickets are his tickets. ___________
9. Your garden looks great, but my garden doesn't. _________
10. Her song was good, and I liked your song, too. _________
Part C. Fill out the chart below with the correct possessive adjectives and possessive pronouns. (10 points if all are correct)
Click here for the answers.